Sometimes, all you need is a dehumidifier…
A Dehumidifier can take a malodorous, mold prone basement and change it a into clean-smelling and healthy place to hangout with friends and family. Prolonged exposure to high moisture in the air will eventually contribute to the wear and warping of chair cushions, furniture of all sorts, wood floor warping and separating, sill rot and host a of other issues that ruin the fun of having an otherwise dry basement. Efficient Heating sells and installs Dehumidification systems that are among the finest in the industry and that are built to perform and last. These are no Home-Depot Humidification systems!
Our primary solution is the HDS 209 Air Exchange unit. You can think of it as a humidifier on steroids…
This unit is designed for homes with full basements and has an expandable height from 87.5″-103″. This unit has heavy duty capacity covering a basement of up to 2100 sq.ft. with a CFM of 240. This is an air evacuation system that is installed in the basement. Compact and discrete, the Humidex system is designed to be placed against a wall and blend with the decor. It is vented outside so there are no messy water trays to empty, ever!
The Humidex HDS 209
- Improve Air Quality
- Reduce window condensation
- Reduce excess humidity and musty odor
- Replace damp humid air with warm, dry air
- Operates at a low cost of $2.00/month of electricity (38 watts)
- Does not require expensive part replacement – 10 year warranty (all parts except outside vent)
- Does not require excessive duct-work – vented just like a dryer
- A summertime humidity control system that will also solve wintertime window condensation
- Avoid costly household repairs due to window frame and sill rot
- No buckets or trays to empty
Professional installation of a dehumidifier in your basement takes only a few hours. Call us today at (518) 348-3900 to schedule your walk-through and estimate.
Benefits of Humidex Versus a Dehumidifier
Dehumidifiers operate on old refrigeration technology that has been adapted as a means of lowering indoor moisture levels. The fact remains that dehumidifiers are extremely costly to run, require daily maintenance, do not address the issue of ventilation and air exchange, recycle the same stale air again and again, and scariest of all, can overheat and cause a fire! In fact according to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, at least 1.5 million dehumidifiers were recalled in 2002 for this reason alone.
- Humidex beats standard dehumidifiers on every level. Humidex is not only 90% less expensive to run, you get the added benefit of a continuous air exchange for improved air quality, and the reduction of risks associated with moisture and mold.
- Humidex uses only 38 watts, saving hundreds of dollars each year. Dehumidifier wattage translates to several hundreds of dollars each year.
- The average monthly cost is only $5 per month in electricity versus an average of $40 to $70 for a dehumidifier. Some high capacity dehumidifiers can cost as much as $100 or more a month.
- Humidex provides moisture control for the entire basement, crawl space and the upper levels as well.
- Dehumidifiers provide moisture control within a specified area, resulting in a need for additional units to achieve moisture reduction throughout.
- Dehumidifiers do not provide the circulation needed to dry out the structure.
- Dehumidifiers do not create airflow over maximum surfaces, therefore leaving areas with stagnant moist air.
- Humidex saves $500 a year over just one dehumidifier — with our 10-year warranty that’s a savings of over $5,000!
Contact us today at (518) 348-3900 to schedule your estimate!