Furnace Installation for Gloversville & Surrounding Areas
Efficient Heating and Cooling Services is dedicated to providing our customers in the Gloversville and surrounding areas with quality furnace replacements and furnace installations at competitive prices.
As your heating system ages, it can lose efficiency or stop working altogether. Efficient Heating & Cooling Services provides the highest level of quality in all of our heating installations, and all jobs are performed by highly-experienced heating technicians you can trust.
Our Heating and Furnace Installations Include:
- Obtaining permits for residences and businesses (where required)
- Design support based on your individual needs
- Custom duct-work
- Oil to gas conversions
- Post-heating installation inspections
- Free heating, furnace installation and replacement estimates
We also offer Energy Star rated heating systems, so you can save up to 30% on heating costs this winter while staying warm. Call us at (518) 348-3900 to schedule a consultation with one of our heating system installation experts. We will answer all of your questions and discuss every stage of the process to help you determine your heating needs.
How a Furnace Works
Furnaces heat air and distribute the heated air through the house using ducts. Central furnace efficiency is measured by annual fuel utilization efficiency (AFUE). The Federal Trade Commission requires new furnaces to display their AFUE so consumers can compare heating efficiencies of various models. AFUE is a measure of how efficient the appliance is in the energy in its fuel over the course of a typical year. Specifically, AFUE is the ratio of heat output of the furnace compared to the total energy consumed by a furnace. An AFUE of 90% means that 90% of the energy in the fuel becomes heat for the home and the other 10% escapes up the chimney and elsewhere. AFUE doesn’t include the heat losses of the duct system, which can be as much as 35% of the energy for output of the furnace when ducts are located in the attic.
The minimum allowed AFUE rating for a non-condensing fossil-fueled, warm-air furnace is 78%. A condensing furnace condenses the water vapor produced in the combustion process and uses the heat from this condensation. The AFUE rating for a condensing unit can be much higher (by more than 10 percentage points) than a non-condensing furnace. Although condensing units cost more than non-condensing units, the condensing unit can save you money in fuel costs over the 15- to 20-year life of the unit, and is a particularly wise investment in cold climates.
Identify and compare a system’s efficiency by its AFUE and equipment features
>> Old, low-efficiency heating systems
- Natural draft that creates a flow of combustion gases
- Continuous pilot light
- Heavy heat exchanger
- 68%–72% AFUE
>> Mid-efficiency heating systems
- Exhaust fan controls the flow of combustion air and combustion gases more precisely
- Electronic ignition (no pilot light)
- Compact size and lighter weight to reduce cycling losses
- Small-diameter flue pipe
- 80%–83% AFUE
>> High-efficiency heating systems
- Condensing flue gases in a second heat exchanger for extra efficiency
- Sealed combustion
- 90%–97% AFUE
Although older furnace systems had efficiencies in the range of 56%–70%, modern conventional heating systems can achieve efficiencies as high as 97%, converting nearly all the fuel to useful heat for your home.
Energy efficiency upgrades and a new high-efficiency heating system can often cut your fuel bills and your furnace’s pollution output in half. Upgrading your furnace from 56% to 90% efficiency in an average cold-climate house will save 1.5 tons of carbon dioxide emissions each year if you heat with gas, or 2.5 tons if you heat with oil.
If your furnace is old, worn out, inefficient, or significantly over-sized, the simplest solution is to replace it with a modern high-efficiency model. Old coal burners that were switched over to oil or gas are prime candidates for replacement, as well as gas furnaces with pilot lights rather than electronic ignitions. Newer systems may be more efficient but are still likely to be over-sized, and can often be modified to lower their operating capacity.
The Efficient Heating and Cooling Services team can install and design any type of heating or cooling system required in your home or commercial building. We install high-efficiency heating and air conditioning systems designed to be the most cost-effective on the market. We install every type of heating and cooling unit including ductless split systems, heat pumps and commercial heating and cooling package units.
Call on Efficient Heating & Cooling Services, (518) 348-3900, for heating installation, service and repair for your home and place of business. Emergency service available, 24/7. Or, contact the Schenectady heating installation experts via e-mail.