Water Heater Repair and Installation Services for Commercial and Residential Customers
At Efficient Heating and Cooling Services, we offer expert professional hot water heater repair, maintenance and installation services to ensure your family and guests are always supplied with a constant and efficient flow of hot water. Whether you have an old or broken water heater that needs repair, or you simply want to upgrade to a better unit, an EHS plumbing technician will get the job done right.
Your current hot water temperature may not be as hot as it should be or the overall hot water supply may not last long enough if your water heater is over ten years old. Even worse, the extra energy used by older water heater models may be costing you money. We may be able to improve the performance of your current water heater, or replace it with a new energy efficient hot water heater. Tankless hot water heaters are also a great alternative to the standard tank models. These modern units save energy costs because they don’t constantly heat unused water in a large tank. They only heat the water on demand.
Conventional Water Heaters
When you hire Efficient Heating and Cooling Services, you’re assured quality service from a reliable company. We stand behind our work, guarantee excellent service and 100% customer satisfaction. We have countless years of experience repairing and replacing gas, electric and propane water heaters. We use top trusted brands, such as GE, A.O. Smith, Rheem, and State, including thermal expansion tanks to meet building codes.
Before we install a new hot water heater, our staff will review your family’s hot water needs, type of utilities and daily hot water usage. We will also check the space available and assess other factors in determining which type of water heater will best meet your family’s needs. We only offer energy efficient units that are well known for quality and reliability. Whichever model is best suited for your family’s current needs, we will install your new hot water heater quickly and efficiently. Additionally, the work area will be thoroughly cleaned, and your old water heater and all refuse will be taken away for your convenience.
Tankless Water Heaters
The latest water heater innovation for the energy efficient consumer are the tankless water heaters. Going tankless has many advantages and the professional plumbing specialists at Efficient Heating and Cooling Services can help you understand all the pros of this newer technology.
In general, a tankless water heater will occupy a very small area, averaging about the size of a small suitcase, and are wall-mountable. Most units will utilize a combination of gas and electricity to operate, and are much more efficient than standard water heaters because they only heat water on demand. Today’s tankless water heaters operate cleanly and quietly, and require little to no maintenance. We can offer you many options and help you choose the best system for your home or business.
Efficient Heating and Cooling Services recommends, repairs, installs and maintains the following tankless water heater brands: Navien Tankless Water Heaters, Triangle Tube Tankless Water Heaters and Rannai Tankless Water Heaters.
Recirculating Water Systems
Would you like instant hot water at your faucets? An Efficient Heating and Cooling Services plumber can add a hot water re-circulating system to your current water heater. It keeps hot water ready at the tap for your use by utilizing a pump system that keeps hot water at the ready and moves cooled water back into the heater. This system helps conserve water usage. With many new products and innovations in the market, homes without standard circulating system piping can be retrofitted with a variety of efficient devices that can satisfy your hot water needs. Let us show you what can be done — call us today at (518) 348-3900 to schedule your walk-through and estimate!
Maximizing the Hot Water in Your Home
Water heaters have needs too! A simple and inexpensive maintenance program can lengthen the life of your water heater and practically eliminate the need to replace it. Below are some tips to help get the most from your water heater.
- Regularly clean your water heater. This means cleaning all of the major components of the water heater; the enclosure, the water tank assembly, and the burner and control assembly.
- Use an insulation blanket to make a water heater more energy-efficient.
- Inspect the condition of the anode rod in order to prevent leaks from developing. If it is worn down you will need to replace it. You can get a new from a plumbing supply company.
- The burner assembly should be cleaned at least once a year, but more frequent care is better. Simply brush away cobwebs, dust and remove other debris that builds up.
- Flush the tank regularly to remove built up sediment.
- Frequently check your water heater for leaks. It’s important to check the pipe connections, the valves and underneath the unit.
- Test the temperature/pressure relief valve once a year to make sure it’s working.
- Protect the floor under the water heater from water damage by painting the area with a water sealant. Also, you can install a specially designed drip pan under the water heater to catch extra water. These pans are available at most building supply stores for about $10. Keep in mind, the pan you select must have a drain out the bottom.
Call Efficient Heating & Cooling Services at (518) 348-3900 to schedule your water heater assessment and estimate! We work with residential and commercial customers in Albany, the Capital District, Gloversville, Saratoga, Schenectady, and throughout The 518 area code in New York state.